Monday, July 30, 2007

Watering Flowers with Dad

I did the flower watering activity with Henry this evening. It started out a little rocky. Henry had a hard time understanding that he needed to pull the hose all the way to the first basket. After telling him 20 times I walked down to him and helped him pull the hose out the rest of the way. Once I turned the water on, he wouldn't stop spraying the ground. I think he was messing with me. He would look up while he was spraying, I would shake my head 'no' but he kept spraying. I think I finally took the hose from him and told him 'no' verbally and probably a few other choice words, he got upset but luckily didn't throw him off too bad. Yea, I know... I need to be more patient.

Once we got into it, everything went smooth. He knows the drill at this point. For a kink, after the 3rd or 4th basket, I did the same thing T tried in the video. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5... It didn't bother him too bad but he definitely didn't think it was funny. The next thing I did was try to go the next basket without putting the previous basket back up on the hook. He took my hand and guided me back to the other basket. I put it up (maybe I shouldn't have???).

There's a pot on a stand that we did at the end. Henry wanted it down on the ground like the baskets so I put it down on the ground (maybe I shouldn't have???). After he watered it, I asked him to put it back up on the stand. He thought it was too heavy so I asked him to help me and he did, then he let go toward the end, then I acted like it was too heavy and asked for his help to get it the rest of the way. It was a nice way to end the activity.

No comments: